【翻譯】John Mulaney脫口秀:唯一不可取代的東西-The One Thing You Can't Replace

The One Thing You Can't Replace——by John Mulaney

中英對照版

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dbJHppgrHc&ab_channel=JohnMulaney-Topic

原文字幕來源:https://mojim.com/twy150047x2x3.htm

中文字幕:火針草

Another story I heard about myself,
另一個故事是關於我自己
this one happend in high school,
這個故事發生在高中時
we had this teacher in high school whose kid went to our high school.
我們有個老師,他的小孩也讀這所學校
His name was Mr.Macnimara and his son Jake Macnimara went to our high school
他的名字是Macnimara老師,他的兒子Jake Macnimara跟我們同校
he was a sophomore when I was a senior, so he was 2 years behind me.
當時他是二年級,我四年級(註1),所以他比我小兩年
And Mr.Macnimara was an asshole
而Macnimara老師,是個混球
and one weekend he and his wife decided to leave town,
有次他決定週末跟他老婆一起出城
which you should never do if you're an asshole.
你永遠不該這麽做,如果你是個混球
And Jake Macnimara decided to throw a party at the teacher's house
然後Jake Macnimara決定在老師的屋子辦一場派對
Hurrah!!(sarcastically)
耶!(嘲諷貌)
And everyone around town heard about it, and we all got up individually and thought:
城裡的大家聽到消息後,我們都各自出發並想:
Okay, let's go over there and destroy the place.
好欸,我們過去然後毁了那裡吧
I walked into this party, everyone I had ever met was there,
我走進派對,所有我見過的人都在那了
and everyone was drinking like it was the end of the world.
而且所有人都喝得像是世界末日到了
People were drinking like it was the Civil War and a doctor was coming to saw our legs off.
人們喝得像是南北戰爭時醫生要來把我們的腿鋸掉前
It was totally unsupervised;
完全地不令人意外
we were like dogs without horses, we were running wild.
我們就像沒有馬管的狗(註2),狂野地亂跑
I walked down-I walk down to the basement,
我走下、走下去地下室
they had a pool table in the basement,
地下室有個撞球桌
one dude took a running start and threw his body onto the pool table and broke it in half.
某個傢伙助跑,然後跳到上面,直接把撞球桌壓成兩半
Another kid found out which room was Mr.Macnimara's and went upstairs and took a shit
 on his computer.
還有個小孩找到Macnimara老師的房間,他上樓,然後在Macnimara老師的電腦上拉屎
So the party was going great.
看得出來派對棒極了
I'm standing in the basement and I'm holding a red cup,
我站在地下室,手上拿個紅杯子
you've seen movies,
你們看過電影的
and I'm standing there, and I'm holding a red cup
我就站在地下室,手上拿個紅杯子
and I'm starting to black out.
接著我開始斷片
And I guess someone said like 'something, something police'
我猜我聽到有人說「什麽什麽警察的」
and in a brilliant moment of word association,
然後透過天才般的字詞聯想
I yelled 'fuck da police!'
我大吼:「去他媽的警察!」
'fuck da police!'
「去他媽的警察!」
and everyone else joined in.
結果其他人也跟進
A hundred drunk white children yelling 'fuck da police'
一百個醉到爆的白人小孩大喊:「去他媽的警察!」
with the confidence of guys who have like already been to jail and aren't afraid of it anymore.
帶著已經坐了牢丶沒在怕的自信
You know that like 'I served my nickel, you come and take me' confidence,
你知道就是「我已經服完我的五年刑期了(註3),來抓我啊」的那種自信
but white children.
但是是白人小孩
The reason someone had said 'something, something police' was because the police were there.
前面有人說「什麽什麽警察的」,原來是真的有警察來了
So a Chicago police officer walked down the stairs, and got to the bottom of the basement
所以,一個芝加哥警員走下樓梯,走到地下室
and looked out over a sea of drunk toddlers yelling 'fuck da police' in his face,
接著看到一大票喝醉幼兒,當著他的臉大叫「去他媽的警察!」
and he was almost impressed
他看起來好像挺欣慰的樣子
he was like 'wow'.
他就像是「哇~」
And then he leaned into his walkie-talkie and went 'get the paddy wagon'.
然後他彎腰對他的對講機說:「把運囚車開過來」
And my friend John, who is now a father-this man now has a baby,
我的朋友John,他已經當爸了,這位老兄現在有個孩子
he grabbed a 40, smashed it on the ground, and yelled 'scatter!'
他抓起一瓶40(註4),往地上摔、大喊「散開!」
And everyone ran in a different direction,
所有人往不同方向逃
we all ran in different directions.
我們都往不同方向逃跑
It was like that scene in Rataouille when the humans come in the kitchen and all the rats go in different ways,
就像料理鼠王的場景,人類一進到廚房,老鼠就往不同的方向逃竄
we all ran in different directions.
我們都往不同方向逃跑
I ran into the laundry room, and I jumped on the washing machine, and I crawled out through a window into the backyard
我跑到洗衣間、跳上洗衣機、爬過窗戶、滾到後院
and now I'm running through the backyard and there's this big chain-linked fence
然後我跑過後院,發現那有個超大的鐵絲網圍籬
and I thought 'I've never climbed a fence that high before'
我心想「我從來沒有爬過那麼高的圍籬」
and then I woke up at home.
然後我就在家裡醒來了
On Monday, I went to school
到了週一,我去上學
because that's what we did back then.
因為當時我們是學生
And I'm walking into the school building and who do I see, but Jake Macnimara
我正走進校舍,知道我看到了誰?Jake Macnimara。
and he says to me 'hey, were you at my party on Saturday?'
他對我說:「嘿,你週六的時候有來我的派對嗎?」
and I said 'no', you know, like a liar.
我說:「沒。」你知道,像個騙子
And he said 'things got really out of hand, someone broke the pool table, someone took a shit on my dad's computer'
接著他說:「一切都失控了,某人弄壞了撞球桌、某人拉屎在我爸的電腦上。
'but the worse thing', he says, 'the worse thing is that someone stole these old antique photos of my grandmother, and my parents are freaking out about it.'
但最糟的的是,」他說。「最糟的的是某人偷了我祖母的古董老照片,我爸媽氣瘋了。
And I had that thought, that only black out drunks and Steve Urkel can have,
我冒出一個想法,只有斷片的醉鬼跟Steve Urkel註5會有的想法:
did-did I do that?
是、是我做的嗎?
I figured no, I wouldn't have done that,
我覺得不是,我不會那麼做的
but I was never sure until, 2 years later.
但我一直都不確定,直到兩年後
Relax
放輕鬆
I'm playing video games with this kid named Alex that we also went to high school with
我跟一個叫Alex的小孩打電動,他以前跟我們一起上高中
2 years later, we've graduated by now.
兩年後,我們現在都畢業了
We're playing video games for a couple hours and then Alex says to me,
我們打電動打了好幾個小時,然後Alex對我說:
'Hey, come here. I want to show you something.'
「嘿,來一下,我有東西想給你看看。」
And then he takes me into his bedroom, and then he takes me into a side room off of his bedroom.
他領我到他的臥室,接著到他臥室裡的小房間
Never a good thing to have.
絕對沒有什麼好事
He shows me a tiny room that is covered wall to wall in stolen antique photos from different people's parties over the years.
他展示了一個小房間,牆上滿滿都是這幾年來從不同人的派對上偷來的古董老照片
And I said 'why?' (in a whisper)
接著我說「為什麼?」(小小聲地)
(still whispering) 'why do you do this?'
(還是小小聲地)「為什麼要幹這種事?
And Alex said, 'because it's the one thing you can't replace.'
Alex說:「因為這是唯一不可取代的東西。
That's the end of that story, but how fucked up is that? right?
這就是故事的結局了,但這到底是三小,對吧?
that's crazy!
太瘋狂了!
So I don't drink anymore.
所以我再也不喝酒了。

註1:https://annychou2209.pixnet.net/blog/post/25016710
美國的高中有四個年級。
這個我實在不確定是否該直接翻成「脫韁野馬」。
總之是一種便宜的酒。
劇集《凡人瑣事》(Family Matters)中的角色。

留言